Wednesday, February 18, 2015

More Sleep, Please

Every morning, the alarm sounds, a hall light turns on a kid calls.  I know it's time to get up.  Every morning I push my head into my pillow.  I snuggle my blanket a little tighter.  I begin to bargain with myself.  If I stay in bed five minutes later it won't throw the morning off.  The kids can get themselves ready.  Everything at school is prepared.  I can stay in bed five minutes longer.    

It's not that I'm not excited to see my kids in the morning, I am.  I'm ready to come to school too.  My body just keeps saying, "No, it's cold. No, it's dark.  Stay in your warm bed."  

Humans are mammals.  Mammals do hibernate.  Maybe I'm just fighting against nature.  Maybe I need to hibernate.  By hibernate I mean stay in my cozy bed, eat comfort food and read.  But maybe that's what I need to do.  See you in the spring . 

3 comments:

  1. It really is hard to get up. Every morning I argue with myself about ignoring mom's calls or getting up. Every morning I end up having to get out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you put how warm the bed and how you compare your self to a mammal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you put how warm the bed and how you compare your self to a mammal

    ReplyDelete